How are fees structured?

A standard visual inspection is based on the square footage size of the home (not including the garage and porches). AKA “heated and cooled area”. The first level starts with homes 1200 sq ft and less. The levels are organized in 300 sq ft increments.

What’s the best way to request an inspection?

The best way is to fill out my online form. I’ll be notified and will review the request, and you’ll get a notification or I’ll call you. Click here to request an inspection.

What days of the week are you available?

I’m available five days a week – Monday to Friday. My inspection day usually starts at 8:30 a.m. I inspect one house per day. You have my undivided attention for the day. My calendar is on the inspection form. Click here to book an inspection.

Do you inspect crawl spaces?

Unfortunately – I’m recovering from a neck injury, and I’ve temporarily suspended crawl space inspections until further notice.

I’m concerned about the foundation.

That’s a common concern. Central Mississippi is covered in expansive soil. It’s worse in some subdivisions than others. You have a valid concern. Foundation levelness can indicate certain foundation movements. I’m not an engineer; however, I provide non-technical foundation measurements for an additional charge. Tap the “Request Inspection” button at the top of this page, where you can review the fees.

Do you inspect central vacuums?

Central vacuums, alarm systems, outside and inside sprinkler systems, intercom systems, speaker wiring, and other low-voltage systems are not inspected. These systems are not accessible. Concealed components are not inspected.

Do you re-inspect the property after repairs have been completed?

Yes – if the repairs are simple – I’ll explain how “you” can inspect them and save money. If you choose – I’ll be happy to make a return visit. See the “Request Inspection” button at the top of this page where you can review my fee to re-inspect the property.

What about barns, storage buildings, and such – are they included with the fee for inspecting the house?

No. If you’d like, I’ll inspect those components – as a specific area inspection. See the “Request Inspection” button at the top of this page.

I’ve read your bio. What other certifications do you hold?

I’m an FHA 203(k) Consultant and an FHA Compliance inspector. I hold an ICC Code Certification as a B1 designation (building inspector). I am a licensed home builder #MS 109. I’m licensed to inspect new homes. My license #MS0269NH.

What is special about New Construction homes in Mississippi? Aren’t all licensed inspectors in Mississippi able to inspect new homes?

No. An individual must have three distinct and separate designations before inspecting new construction. The inspector should hold a home inspector’s license, a certification as a code inspector, and a current builder’s license.

As an inspector, what continuing education is required?

Mississippi license law requires the inspector to attain 20 hours of continuing education every two years (10 hours per year).

How often are you required to renew your home inspector license?

Every two years.

How are finished reports delivered?

My reports are emailed (usually same day), and the report sits on a live page (internet) where you may print to PDF. A host of other features are available on the report delivery page to help you and your agent convey information through the transaction.

Generally speaking – what features are included in the report?

I annotate photos of conditions, I include video when necessary, and for clients who find it challenging to be present at the time of inspection – I record a desktop review video that’s included/embedded in the report.

Do you provide annual maintenance inspections?

Yes. GREAT QUESTION! Maintenance is vital; keeping an eye on the conditions of your property should start the day you move in. I recommend annual property inspections to help protect your investment. See the “Request Inspection” button at the top of this page or call me at my office number and if I don’t answer, leave a detailed message. 601-691-1496.

What is included in the appliance inspection?


Do you have a website privacy policy and terms of service page?

Yes. Visit these pages. Terms/Conditions | Privacy Policy

Black and White Premium WordPress Theme